Deon Braun’s (GoMulti and Trail Magazines) view on what the next 10 years hold for endurance sport in SA and globally:
- Increased awareness of diet like never in the history of mankind. We’ve learned that “You are what you eat” is one of the greatest truths ever,
- More stage events but especially those that are more attainable (2-3 days). Finances are tight and people don’t want to be away for two weeks,
- More consumers turning away from commercial energy foods and juices, making their own instead. We want to know what we’re consuming. The more we know, the better,
- An even greater focus on events for whole families. A strong nation needs healthy family structure and sport doesn’t help if it doesn’t bring us together,
- A rapid and widespread embracing of vegetarian alternatives by all levels of athlete. Meat is inflammatory and counter-productive,
- A greater search and demand for better ‘time’ value in our lives at every level. Life is short!
- A re-evaluation of core values and a turning to endurance ‘sport’ as a true lifestyle rather than competition
Very interesting view. I especially like the second, third and sixth ones!